Fire Damage Photo Gallery

fire damage in bedroom - laptop caught on fire

This home in Richmond, VA suffered a large amount of fire damage throughout the home.  There was a strong electrical odor associated with this fire as well.

The door was shut to the bedroom where the fire occurred which helped save the house.  Had the door not been shut the homeowner's may have had to bulldoze this home.

Most of the wall board, flooring and bathroom fixtures had to be replaced due to the extent of the damages.

Once the affected building materials were removed by the contractor, we were called in to clean and deodorize.

We were very successful with our deodorization of this home.

Fire damage in kitchen

This photos shows the destruction that a fire can have on a home in just a short period of time.  This home was struck by lightning during a summer thunderstorm. The majority of the drywall had to be gutted down to the studs. 

We ended up soda blasting the exposed wooden framing and then we ended up spray sealing all of the exposed wooden framing. 

This soda blasting and spray sealing aided in the odor removal so that the home would not have any lingering soot/fire odors.

The homeowner was very happy with our work and could not believe the difference our work made.

Gas Logs - Soot

Gas logs are a common cause for soot in the home.  This homeowner ended up having their entire home cleaned due to the soot that had dispersed throughout all the bedrooms, bathrooms, living room and kitchen.  Our cleaning crew started cleaning ceiling to floor to prepare the home for any painting that needed to take place due to soot staining.  SERVPRO of Hanover, Goochland & Caroline can handle it all!

Kitchen Fire

Sometimes we start cooking in the kitchen and get distracted.  This homeowner was cooking something on the stove top and forgot about it.  Luckily with him being a firefighter he minimized the damage because he knew how to handle the situation.

Fireplace Sodablasting

Kyle is geared up and working hard sodablasting this fireplace that has soot damage after a fire.  Sodablasting is a great way to remove residual soot on surfaces such as bricks, wood and stone.  This is a common process for us to utilize during fires, and is a very successful method.  It saves the insurance company money and the homeowner time.

Grease Fire

Often times we get distracted after we have put something on the stove.  This homeowner was heating up a pot of grease, and the unthinkable happened.  Luckily the homeowner was still home and was able to put the fire out with their own fire extinguisher to decrease the damage to their home.  They contacted their insurance company to put in a claim, and we were contacted to help with the clean up.  

SERVPRO of Hanover, Goochland & Caroline will make it, "Like it never even happened."